You are a new blogger and nobody is visiting your blog. You just don’t know why. You write some amazing articles that people would really benefit from. But nobody seems to want to come by.
You want visitors. You need visitors.
How is the fastest way to get people to visit? Comment.
Commenting on other blogs will surely get you many visitors before the end of the day.
Let’s Talk About a Few Benefits of Commenting
- Blog commenting is a great way to get noticed by other people. It is true, when you leave a message behind on someone else’s blog for their readers to see, people do get curious.
- Your SEO efforts rely on some commenting here and there. Google likes to see you vary your backlinks. Along with guest posting and article writing you should be commenting to get some backlinks to your blog. Comluv enabled blogs are very helpful to this strategy. This blog is Comluv enabled and so is my WAHM blog.
- Traffic will soon come back to your site. When you leave intelligent comments people take notice and will come to visit you.
Now that you know the benefits of commenting I’d like to discuss ways to pretty much guarantee you will reap the benefits of commenting.
Comment on Blogs Similar to Yours
Your odds of gaining some visits from the readers of that blog are higher. People visiting those blogs are interested in the subject being discussed and may be looking for more information, that is when you pop up with a blog similar for them to visit also.
If you write about coffee be sure the blogs you comment on are about coffee or some peripheral subject like coffee beans, coffee houses, or even tea. Don’t bother commenting on a blog about saving the whales. I can guarantee you will get no traffic from it.
Comment As If You are Continuing a Conversation
The author wrote that post to communicate something to you, the reader. Reward him or her with a thoughtful comment that continues the thought process he or she started.
Address the author. I rarely see this but find it useful because the author then feels more compelled to answer you or at the very least notice your comment.
Repeat what he stated to let him know you were listening. And then write what you feel or ask a question.
Be intelligent. You want people to see that you also know what you are talking about. That way they will be interested in hearing more from you.
Be One of the First Comments
This is not saying that 34th comment is bad, it is just not as visible as 1st comment. The first commenter usually gets the attention of the author and the audience. Make it count. Liven up your blog commenting.
When I began blogging a few years back I read an article about being the first person to comment on a post and how that was vital. There was a huge discussion back and forth about the idea that that looks like stalking. But I have noticed it works. When I am the first commenter on a popular blog that gets many comments I get traffic from that blog for weeks. Yet when I am 34th commenter I see no traffic.
There is something to be said about being first, just don’t look like a stalker. You may find yourself in the spam folder someday.
Commenting on blogs is the easiest and fastest way to get traffic to your blog. And don’t forget it can be a great way to forge relationships.
A complete course on how to literally boost your social media traffic to your site!
Showing you how to convert and guide massive traffic! This ebook will show you how to...
- How to make eye-catching updates.
- Post while you sleep(and make money!).
- Create a social presence that people will remember.
- ...And much more!!