Google PageRank Update
Are you getting sick of these yet? Well, there are plenty of these post around all over the internet, and I want to make this one different in the aspect of my opinions and point of view. I did not get this from any person, although some of these ideas may be the same as other bloggers online, I don’t know, I haven’t yet seen a lot of people that would write about this.
Most people, when they blog about the Google PageRank Update, they generally tell you what it takes to get noticed by Google and boost your pagerank efficiently. This is all well and good, and you should know it, I guess, to get a more prominent site status online.
I want to go ahead and get this out of my system for those of you who are expecting me to blog about the generic things of Google PageRank Update. This will be short and sweet, and I will try to make this fast.
There, was that fast enough?
Why Bother With Google PageRank?
Ok, let’s get one thing straight. I am not disavowing Google, or the way they do business with our sites and our backlinks. I’m sure there is some sanity to their madness, but I for one, am not going to try to confuse myself to the point of suicide trying to figure it out. Just face it, you are not going to be able to figure it out either, and you might as well start doing one thing.
Stop optimizing for Google
I have said it before, and I’ll say it again. Why bother with Google? I know, I know, you want to get on the first page of the largest search engine online. That’s admirable and everything, but since the last update on August 2, 2012, some of my friends are realizing what I said way back in June, and it was the same thing I just said a minute ago!
What happens when you get dropped by Google? What happens when Google slaps your site sideways after calling all of those hard-earned links “unnecessary”?
The easiest thing to do is stop trying to worry about Google all the time! One of the biggest questions that I get asked since I say this all the time is this:
Do you still build links?
Sure. I mean I don’t go crazy and try to do the whole article marketing thing and go all out with it! Even though article marketing is a great way to get noticed by Google, there is just too much to lose when you realize that Google is a finicky mother-in-law that’s out to get you. One wrong move and your wife moves out, takes the kids, and your left holding a child support bill and living out of your mini van because she took the sports car.
When you get slapped by Google, that’s what it feels like!
The main thing I do to get backlinks is just browsing other people’s websites and commenting. I don’t troll the internet just to leave a comment. Only when I have something good to say to add to the conversation is when I leave a comment. Most of my stuff get’s boosted to the first page just with pure content and no backlinks. There is a post about how to do that on here somewhere too!
Optimize For Your Most Important Thing
Remember the people. Remember those guys that come to your site! This is the most important part of your blog. Your reader. That ONE person that reads your material and comments on your blogs, clicks your affiliate links, and signs up to your list. THAT person is the most important part of your website. Not the Googe PageRank update. Read Why I Won’t Come Back To Your Blog for more information on this.
- People Want to get Help. In the internet marketing niche, there are millions of people who are looking for information on different things in that niche. There is really a boatload of stuff to tell them, and I’m not here to discuss those, but remember that your content is very important to your reader!
- Get Rid of All The Ads! Hey, wait a minute, that will help you with Google…! To much clutter makes the reader confused and overwhelmed. I realize that you are trying to make money with affiliate links and such, but if you take some of these away, you will actually find that your visitor will end up clicking the few that you left on there, rather than cluttering up your sidebar with ads!
- Stop Keyword Stuffing- Have you ever read a post that was full of keywords? It’s confusing and hard to read! Even though Google may see that you have a post about a certain subject because of all the keywords, the reader is no going to like this at all! There is nothing more aggravating than going to a post where they bold, italicize, and underline all of their keywords! Pitiful.
- Target Your Blog Posts To Readers That Are Likely To Share- This was on a great post I found on SEO Moz that goes really in depth in a post called 21 Tactics To Increase Blog Traffic. There is pretty much all the information you need to know to actually get the visitors to your site with these tips. Although they say to do optimized content, but don’t sacrifice your content for SEO, it really is a great post.
Optimize for your reader. People, not Google, are going to make you rich! Stop optimizing for a robot! The way I get a lot of these blog posts to the first page of Google is I use the keyword tool to find out what people are wanting to know about and then I post it. I don’t use article spinners or any other thing like that, I don’t believe in that stuff. Remember about what I said about your reader? I don’t just say it, I practice it! My readers deserve something that comes from me, and me alone!
When you optimize your posts AND website for your reader, you will start to see more results from it. When you post something that is helpful and informative, people will share it on Facebook, Twitter, or some other site like this and it has more of a chance to go viral like that.
You’re not doing yourself any favors by optimizing for a search engine, you will eventually end up holding the bag while Google runs off with your visitors AND your money!
Google follows people. People want great content and they want sites that do not have a lot of options. Don’t confuse or overwhelm them. Give them just a couple of choices in the sidebar, and write great content, and you will start seeing better results immediately!
A complete course on how to literally boost your social media traffic to your site!
Showing you how to convert and guide massive traffic! This ebook will show you how to...
- How to make eye-catching updates.
- Post while you sleep(and make money!).
- Create a social presence that people will remember.
- ...And much more!!